A Sunset in the land of the rising sun

Summers in Nagoya are unbearably  hot and humid. The evenings are a bit more bearable – but I am just completely over summer right  now. I can’t wait to get back to wearing my leather jackets and vests and alternating between my Sam Edelman’s and Nike’s. The summer sales make up for it though. I got some pretty good deals on clothing from brands like United Arrows and Theory.

IMG_1149

I think catching beautiful views in Japan is quite easy. The sunrise here is unbelievably early, and the sun sets very early as well. I’ve been trying to take it easy, and really enjoy and appreciate my surroundings more. Working full time all day can make someone easily miss out on the small things.

IMG_1148 

Unfortunately I’ve somehow lost the charger to my camera, so I’ve had to rely more on my iPhone to capture the shots. It does a decent job on capturing the moments in my neighborhood. I have also been interviewed for a small bit for Nagoya TV on my life in Nagoya, but not having a TV (not using it, rather) made me want to pass on the whole thing anyway. But it was fun, and I think making positive memories in Nagoya will make me more attached to the city.

Labels: , , , ,

1 COMMENTS
Written on Monday, July 27, 2015 at 12:22 AM by Alina Varvarici